Tuesday, January 4, 2011

01/04/2011

Today was another great day in Costa Rica! We had papaya, yogurt, and a tostada (grilled tortilla with refried beans inside) for breakfast.  Then Rachel and I walked to school and found our classes.  My teacher´s name is Alba.  She is an older lady from Costa Rica who has been teaching for 35 years, she was very very nice.  I only have one classmate, Adam, and he is nice also, but he is thinking of dropping the class because he hasn´t taken Spanish for 3 years, and he thinks it´s over his head.  I hope I´m not the only person in class, because I feel that will get boring.  We reviewed the course content.  Grammer in not Alba´s concern at all.  She wants us to learn health related vocabulary and be able to communicate with spanish speaking patients which is great.  Alba made us walk around the university and interview 3 people which was embarrasing.  I met Fabio(the security guard), Louis(a man who was painting), and Laura(a women working in the office.) lol  After class, Rachel and some other chicas and I had quesoburgesas(cheeseburgers) in the cafe at school.  Then, I went to conversation club from 1-3:00pm.  It will be a great learning tool. I then walked home and Ana walked us to the bank.  I finally got my money exchanged.  On the way home, we stopped at a little store to buy some snacks.  Peanut butter and grape juice was over 6,000 colons.  So, the money will be a little hard to get used to.  Then, we had supper around 5: fried plantains, chicken with rice, salad, and lemonade.  Rachel had a class at 6, so we walked back to Veritas together.  I´m writting this from the computer lab at school.  At 8, I have dance class that I´m waiting for.  You all know that I have questionable rhythem, so we will see how this salsa dancing thing goes.  I think it´s a little different from the dancing at ICE haha.  Dance is over at 9:30.  There is a shuttle that takes everyone directly back to their homestays.  I figured I would write this now, because I will be exausted then. While I was writting this, my mind automatically thinks how I should be writting this in Spanish, so thats a good thing!  Besos a todos(kisses for everyone).

No comments:

Post a Comment