Thursday, January 13, 2011

Nicaragua Details

I just got an email from with all of the specific details about Nicaragua!  I will be living in the BaseCamps volunteer house in Jinotepe, and I will be working at San Jose Hospital in Diramba.  I have to ride the bus to work everyday for $1.  I have meals provided all week except for Sunday.  I have to wash my clothes by hand, so that will be interesting.  I told my teacher, Alba, I have to do that, and she spent 30 minutes telling me how to wash them properly. lol.  Im going to ride the "Ticabus" from Costa Rica to Nicaragua.  I will leave around 6:00am on Feburary 4th and I'll arrive in Nicaragua at around 2:00 in the afternoon.  I think I'm ready for it, but I need to buy some scrubs. 

Yesterday I had my second cooking class.  We made Gallo Pinto, and it was delicious.  Also,  there was a welcome party at school called Fiesta Crash.  It was really fun, there was food and cervezas and traditional dancers.  They were doing some impressive pelvic thrusting:) Tomorrow I leave for Puerto Viejo! Chao and Besos.
  Gallo Pinto!

No comments:

Post a Comment