Monday, January 10, 2011

Tamarindo Beach!

This weekend I was in Tamarindo Beach on the Pacific coast of Costa Rica.  It was absolutely beautiful!  We stayed in a hotel called Tropicana, and it was a short walk from the beach.  The beach was to die for.  There were mountains behind the beach, and tons of yachts in the bay.  A lot of people surf there, and I guess it's a great beach for newcomers to surfing.  I am for sure a newcomer! I failed at surfing but thats ok.  We ate numerous fresh fruit smoothies from this cute Nicaraguan lady.  My favorite was sandia or watermelon.  On Friday night we went to a discotech called Agua.  $4 to get in and free drinks (vodka and fruit juice).  I love being 19 in Costa Rica lol.  Saturday I spent the day at the beach swimming and sun tanning and attempting to surf.  Saturday night we ate at the Cocacabana and then we made a fire on the beach.  It was a humble fire, but it was cool.  On Sunday, Rachel was soooo sunburned so we chilled at the pool in the shade instead of the beach.  We got back to San Jose at around 7:30 last night and Ana made us mac n cheese. yum.  Then Ana cut a leaf from her Aloe plant and rubbed the gel all over Rachel's sunburn.  Ana is really into natural remedies.  She told us that she rubs milk of magnesia on her skin to make it smooth.  Interesting I know.  I had school today with Alba my teacher.  Then I went to the bank and the store.  Then I took a siesta and did homework! I feel like I've been here a lot longer than a week! Chao.

No comments:

Post a Comment